Sew us what you’ve got!
Beginner sewers will use La Movida Fashion Design Academy’ own in-house developed patterns which include 3 tried and true designs that you can choose from:
Backpacks, hoodies, and lounge pants.
This is great for all entry-level to novice sewers as we can help you bring your skills to the next level!
Build your foundation for all things sewing! This is an on-going class offered weekly with really fun sewing projects.
Intro to Sew
A one time, three-hour class that can help anyone get comfortable using a sewing machine! In this class, students will learn how to thread the machine, basic sewing stitches, seam finishing techniques, marking and cutting fabric, cut out pattern pieces and gain the skills needed to create their very own, take home Market Bag! Sewing supplies, such as state of the art machines, rulers, pins, weights and fabric are provided to all students registered in our Intro to Sewing class. This course is a prerequisite for the adult beginner sewing class and includes a $30 credit towards more sewing classes.
Intro to Sew
- ONE TIME 3 hour course.
- Learn fundamental skills of using the sewing machine.
- Take home a one of a kind project at the end of the workshop.
- Learn how to thread your machine.
- Learn how to sew on the curve, pivot, and in very straight lines.
- Experiment with various stitches, seam finishes, and fabric choices.
Beginner sewers will use La Movida’s own in-house developed patterns. This includes patterns for backpacks, hoodies, lounge pants, shorts, skirts and a simple dress! This is great for all entry-level to novice sewers as we can help you bring your skills to the next level! Students will learn how to read basic patterns, follow pattern instructions, make simple pattern alterations, layout and cut fabric, and learn basic garment construction with our state of the art sewing machines!
Experienced sewers are welcome to bring their own patterns/projects or begin with one of ours. Build your foundation for all things sewing! Adult classes are ongoing, self paced, and offered weekly. Students can join at anytime!
Fabric costs not included in price.
- SIX 2 hour classes.
- Choose from 6 patterns, including backpacks, pants, shorts, skirts, hoodies, and dresses.
- Build your foundation for all things sewing, learn how to read a pattern, how to lay out a pattern onto fabric, how to choose appropriate fabric.
- Learn how to construct a garment including seam finishes, hemming buttons and buttonholes, sew a dart, insert a zipper, finish a elastic waistband, and create pockets.
- Learn how to adjust a pattern to fit to create perfectly fitting garments.
- *Previous sewing experience required.