Beginner sewers will use La Movida Design Studios’ own in-house developed patterns which include 6 tried and true designs that you can choose from:
backpacks, hoodies, lounge pants, shorts, skirts, and dresses
This is great for all entry-level to novice sewers as we can help you bring your skills to the next level!
Novice students can bring their own patterns/projects, or begin with some of ours. Build your foundation for all things sewing! This is an on-going class offered weekly with really fun sewing projects.
Intro to Sewing
- ONE TIME 2.5 hour course
- Learn fundamental skills of using the sewing machine
- Take home a one of a kind project at the end of the workshop.
- Learn how to thread your machine
- Learn how to sew on the curve, pivot, and in very straight lines
- Experiment with various stitches, seam finishes, and fabric choices
- SIX 2 hour classes
- Choose from 6 patterns, including backpacks, pants, shorts, skirts, hoodies, and dresses
- Build your foundation for all things sewing, learn how to read a pattern, how to lay out a pattern onto fabric, how to choose appropriate fabric,
- Learn how to construct a garment including seam finishes, hemming buttons and buttonholes, sew a dart, insert a zipper, finish a elastic waistband, and create pockets
- Learn how to adjust a pattern to fit to create perfectly fitting garments
Fashion Design & Portfolio
- Classes for the budding fashion designer
- Work on all aspects of the fashion and textile industry, with textile flats, pattern drafting, illustration, and much more!
- Create a fashion portfolio and perfect your design skills
- Six, 2 hour classes