La Movida Sewing & Design Studios is looking for talent!
We are currently seeking a creative, motivated and positive design instructor for our teens and adult classes to begin immediately. This is a part-time position with an average of 20-25 hours per week ranging from $19-22 an hour, with a performance review after 3 months. Our quickly growing business offers a lot of opportunity for growth.
La Movida’s instructional style has been designed to make sewing for the absolute beginner, to the very experienced sewer, easy and fun. Our classes are for kids 8+ and adults, with the majority of instruction for children and teens. As a La Movida Instructor you will be trained in our dynamic instructional style at our Kitsilano studio. This position requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Some experience instructing: we instruct a variety of sewing classes for kids, teens and adults, for all skill levels with a minimum of 4 students per class.
- Sewing and textile expertise: we are happy to train the right candidate in any area they are not comfortable in, but experience in sewing is required.
- Must have a post secondary diploma in Fashion or have equivalent sewing experience (minimum 5 years of sewing experience.)
- A customer service focused mentality: we pride ourselves on an exceptional experience for both students and customers in the studio.
- Garment construction: strong problem solving skills are a must with the ability to figure out alterations.
- Confident in using, teaching, and troubleshooting sewing machines and sergers.
- Up to date with current fashion trends and have knowledge in the fashion industry, including fashion history.
- An organized multi-tasker: able to juggle organizing studio tasks and meticulous class prep alongside knowing what is going on in the studio at all times.
- Excellent Communication: as an instructor you will not only be interacting with students of all ages, you will also be liaising with customers and our team via email, report cards, phone calls, and in person.
- Basic computer knowledge is an asset.
- Have experience pattern drafting and sample making.
- Key holder responsibilities.
- Obtaining a criminal record check, at your cost.
Hours: Part time, Available to work weekdays Monday to Wednesday, and weekends (hours may vary depending on business needs)
Wage: $19-22 per hour
Education: Post secondary diploma, degree in Fashion or equivalent sewing experience
Experience: minimum 1 year of instruction, minimum 5 years of sewing
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]