Ready to make your design dreams a reality? Register for the Fall Term!
Fall Registration is here!
Developed with the budding fashion designer in mind, this course teaches students to sketch, design and construct their own mini collection. Throughout this course, students will use their pre-existing sewing knowledge to take on fashion/technical illustration, pattern drafting and modification, and, of course, garment construction.
This course was developed for advanced students who excel at independent, creative thinking, and need little guidance in creating basic garment. For the Fall 2020 term, students will continue to build on their skills by designing a mini collection.
Students of La Movida Fashion Design Academy participate in the Fall/Winter Vancouver Kids Fashion Week.
Fashion Design Information
- Ages 11-16
- Prerequisite: 1 year of La Movida courses or equivalent skills
- Maximum 6 students per instructor
- Industry-trained instructors
- 1.5-hr weekly classes
- Custom designs by students
- Ongoing intake, space permitting, prorated classes
- Students are encouraged to bring their own fabric for individual designs
- Select fabric available for purchase in-studio
- Make-up class at $15 (1 per term – based on availability)
Fall term registration is OPEN!
Fashion Design Pricing
|Class||# of Classes||Price||No Class|
Fashion Design | Monday
No Class Oct 12th
Fashion Design | Tuesday
Fashion Design | Wednesday
No Class Nov 11th
Based on availability